What I found out today. o174


Life goes easy on me now.
Most of the time.
It takes just a little bit more patience to realise, to rise, to throw the dice.
And now I know a little bit more. Just a little bit more than I thought I have forgotten. One more year. One more little step. And how funny it is to shed that skin. How funny it is to sip that gin.

And did those feet in ancient time
Walk upon England's mountains green?
And was the holy Lamb of God
On England's pleasant pastures seen?

And did the Countenance Divine
Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
And was Jerusalem builded here
Among these dark Satanic Mills?

Bring me my bow of burning gold!
Bring me my arrows of desire!
Bring me my spear! O clouds, unfold!
Bring me my chariot of fire!

I will not cease from mental fight,
Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand,
Till we have built Jerusalem
In England's green and pleasant land.
~ W.Blake 1808

Comments

vagabond sister said…
hello! nice blog! i love this poem...
Evelina said…
Thank you :) I think it's brilliant :)

Popular posts from this blog

What I found out today. o112

What I found out today. o74

What I found out today. o111