What I found out today. o148

I invented my life by taking for granted that
everything I did not like would have an opposite,
which I would like.

~ Coco Chanel


There is always a choice, even if you don't want to let yourself believe so. Even then, there is a choice. And, yes, there are many unhappy people in the world, there are many horrific things happening around and there are also unhappy people within their own very comfortable lives, in their "check box" realities where they should be happy yet they are not. Yet I do believe, as Viktor Frankl said, "Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." In other words, be sure that you are pulling your own strings, that your life is in your own hands.
The present is always fresh. There is always a new choice to make, and you are always creating your life again. No matter what has happened in the past – whatever habits you have developed, however deeply ingrained are your patterns of behaviour – there is always scope for you to choose a new response.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I found out today. o112

What I found out today. o74

What I found out today. o111