What I found out today. o142



"If you think you can live without suffering, that's a great step forward, but don't imagine that other people will understand you. True, no one wants to suffer, and yet nearly every
one seeks out pain and sacrifice, and then they feel justified, pure, deserving of the respect of their children, husbands, neighbours, God. Don't let's think about that now; all you need to know is that what makes the world go round is not the search of pleasure, but the renunciation of all that is important.
Does a soldier go to war in order to kill the enemy? No, he goes in order to die for his country. Does a wife want to show her husband how happy she is? No, she wants him to see how devoted she is, how she suffers in order to make him happy. Does the husband go to work thinking he will find personal fulfilment there? No, he is giving his sweat and tears for the good of the family. And so it goes on: sons give their dreams to please their parents, parents give up their lives
in order to please their children; pain and suffering are used to justify the one thing that should bring only joy: love."
~ P. Coelho




P.S.
Just for today, I will not worry
Just for today, I will not be angry
Just for today, I will give thanks for my many blessings
Just for today, I will do my work honestly
Just for today, I will be kind to every living thing
Just for today, I will be joyous
Just for today, I will be peaceful
Just for today, I will recognize miracles
Just for today, I will practice right speech and be honest in all I do
Just for today, I will love and appreciate all sentient beings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I found out today. o112

What I found out today. o74

What I found out today. o111