What I found out today. o117


Today I am finding out yet again new things about balancing on your identity and wondering wondering if you ever can stay with something as unmeasurable and complex as your own identity and self understanding.

It was said once by Chuck Palahniuk: "If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?"




Most of the time we are taught to deny who we are, taught to fit in and become someone else or idea of someone else. I think I was always struggling with that because the longer you do that, the more complicated it is to remember who you actually are and to allow yourself to be.
And yet, even when you have the space and the guts to be who you are, how do you define everything?! How do you got with all the little details, all the aspects and shadows forming something that in the end shines are you?!...

I am still struggling, I must admit. I don't expect to find all the answers. Soon or ever actually. It's like opening a can of worms -- interesting, scary, challenging, rewarding and still the end confusing. In the end, it's also a process. Identity is in its making. It's walking your path and being aware.

And then again -- its also never forgetting to breathe and how to have fun with your life. No matter what kind of background forms you or what kind of environment surrounds you -- it's all up to you how you deal with it and how many smiles, hugs, ideas, words, dreams you make and share!





.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I found out today. o112

What I found out today. o74

What I found out today. o111