What I found out today. o40



There are some perfect nights. Some absolutely amazingly perfect nights that wake up the archetypical understanding and memories of the unknown that you are so aware of.

Since I was very little I was never scared of thunder or strom. I was never very scared of all the mess sky and earth can look like. It was always waking up the feeling of unknown though. I was always looking for answers and feeling closer to the sky at that point.
"Our bodies know they belong; it is our minds that make our lives so homeless."
~ John O'Donhue, Eternal Echoes: Celtic Reflections on Our Yearning to Belong, page 3



To be honest I never actually event got to thinking of it. It's been forever I've heard thunder.
Up until tonight. It made me listen. According to Sylvia Plath - as still as an eye of tornado must feel....

And yet, today I found out ---

"The hunger to belong is not merely a desire to be attached to something. It is rather sensing that great transformation and discovery become possible when belonging is sheltered and true."
~ John O'Donhue, Anam Cara: A Book of Celtic Wisdom, page 22


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I found out today. o112

What I found out today. o74

What I found out today. o186