What I found out today. o38



I found out today that sometimes it is good to rememer things you think you already know. Today I have been wondering how come it is that sometimes, those little moments in life we don't feel full or complete. Do we expect to end up with a feeling of peace and fullfilment or we sometimes look for perhaps an easier (but is it anyways?!) way out and say that there is a soulmate that should actually make you complete?!



There is a conversation in Martin Suter novel "Lila, Lila", that goes something like this:

- We are not arguing, Lars. We are different.
- We supplement each other.
- I am not looking for a big supplement, I am looking for big love.

Are we like honeycombs - expecting people, just like thos bees, filling us up with the honey or we just go ahead and do it ourselves? Can there be both?


In a beautiful book I read once, in its hundred fifth page, it says: "Our life in the world comes to us in the shape of time. Consequently, our expectation is both a creative and constructive force. If you expect to find nothing within yourself but the repressed, abandoned, and shameful elements of your past or a haunted hunger, all you will find is emptiness and desperation. . . The way you look at things is the most powerful force in shaping your life. In a vital sense, perception is reality."


Today I found that I just have to keep on looking for ways and means to keep filling up my honeycomb.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I found out today. o74

What I found out today. o112

What I found out today. o186